In This Section
AJESH (Ajemalibu Self Help)
AJESH is a Civil Society Organisation recognised under the law NO 90/053 of 19th December 1990 governing freedom of Associations in Cameroon. It was founded on June 4, 2006 and approved by the Ministry of Territorial Administration and Decentralisation in 2007 as an Apolitical Non Profit Organization.
AJESH are located in Nyasoso, Cameroon and works with local and indigenous communities in the South West region. RFUK's partnership with AJESH began in 2014 and together we are working on the following issues:
- Participatory Mapping
- Land and Resource Rights of Forest Peoples
- Processes related to and planning (zoning, land reform)
AJESH strives for a poverty and injustice free society.
To move towards a humane and self sustaining environment, free from poverty and injustice.
To promote sustainable Development through self reliant efforts, education, and training to reduce the impact of societal poverty.
- To encourage and promote education, training, refresher courses for poor local people;
- To carry out actions that ensure the sustainable management of natural resources;
- To initiate and carry out work studies/research, represent, follow up and influence policies that safeguard the interests of the under privilege group in the society.