In This Section
Based in Nioki, this partner helps promote sustainable initiatives to improve the lifestyles of indigenous and forest peoples.
CADEM are the 'Centre d’accompagnement de la population pour le développement de Maï Ndombe'. They are located in Nioki, The Bandundu Province in The Democratic Republic of Congo.
Their goal is to promote grassroots sustainable initiatives to enable the Mai Ndombe population to better their living conditions and to defend their common interests.
- Support responsable participation of the population in actions to fight poverty and to promote sustainable local development;
- Build competence of farmers aiming for self-promotion and self-organisation, by providing training, discussions, conferences, etc.;
- Help grassroots organisations put economic structures in place for manufactured good procurement, and for transport and marketing of base produce;
- Build competence of the base for increased production capacity;
- Promote gender equality;
- Promote a responsible and solidary citizenship at grassroots level.
We have worked with CADEM since 2003 on the following issues:
- Participatory Mapping
- Legal Capacity Building
- Land and Resource Rights of Forest Peoples
- Conservation & Rights
- Indigenous Peoples Rights