In This Section
CAGDFT, located in Kinchasa, aims to support local populations in the sustainable development of their natural resources without damaging the environment.
CAGDFT are the ‘Centre D’Appui à la Gestion Durable des Fôrets Tropicales’, and are located in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo. They were founded in 2011.
Their overall mission is to promote the well-being of local communities and indigenous people through capacity building and direct support of different actors involved in forest management.
- Conduct research and advise on environmental, forestry, mining, water resources and development issues;
- Promote the responsible preservation and use of natural resources through sustainable forest management;
- Support local communities and indigenous people in community-based forest management
- Defend the land rights and interests of local forest communities and indigenous people;
- Ensure the training, consultation and education of different users of rainforests and rainforest resources.
We have worked with CAGDFT since 2014 on the following issues:
- Community-based forest management