In This Section
GASHE, located in Mbandaka, aims to protect the environment and its resources whilst encouraging human development of those who live there, such as forest and indigenous communities.
GASHE are the 'Groupe d’action pour sauver l’homme et son environnement'. They are located in Mbandaka, Equateur Province, Democratic Republic of Congo.
GASHE has an international vocation and aims at human integral development from environmental resources while protecting them from abusive or thoughtless use.
- Population education, awareness and guidance on food security and sustainable use of natural resources;
- Sanitation and vector control;
- Participation in humanitarian assistance operations;
- Actions to promote rights and interests of forest communities and to fight poverty of those communities.
We have worked with GASHE since 2012 on the following issues:
- Participatory Mapping
- Legal Capacity Building
- Land and Resource Rights of Forest Peoples
- Conservation & Rights
“The greatest strength of this programme is the capacity building of the partners. Every day you feel you’re learning. The RFUK is always available to read, listen and orient you. Contrary to other programmes, here you don’t have to hide your weaknesses; you’re not shy to ask questions. RFUK will provide the support to respond to your preoccupations.”
Thom’s Katembo, MFG Project Manager, GASHE