In This Section
Gift Aid allows us to reclaim basic tax paid on donations made by UK tax payers.
As a UK taxpayer you will pay tax on your earnings, savings or pensions. If you make a donation to us, this donation will come from money you have already paid tax on. As a charity, we can claim this tax back from the Government.
This means that if you donate £10.00 and make a Gift Aid Declaration, it's actually worth £12.50 to us. Please complete the Gift Aid declaration and make your donation go further.
- To qualify for Gift Aid you must pay as much UK Income or Capital Gains Tax as all the charities and Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) you donate to will reclaim in the tax year. Other taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify. If you pay less Income and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid reclaimed on your behalf in that tax year, it is your responsibility to pay any difference.
- You can cancel this declaration at any time by notifying the Rainforest Foundation UK.
- If in the future your circumstances change and you no longer pay tax on your income and capital gains equal to the tax that all the charities and CASCs you donate to reclaim, you can cancel your declaration.
- If you are unsure whether your donations qualify for Gift Aid tax relief, please contact us. Or you can ask your local tax office for leaflet IR113 Gift Aid.
- Please notify us if you change your name and address.