We are excited to announce a recruitment for the role of Office Manager. We are looking for a hands-on candidate with a versatile skill set who will take ownership of RFUK’s premises, IT and general administrative needs, and provide support to senior management and all staff in fulfilling our important mission.
Please look at the job description for more details about the position!
Role: Office Manager (full time, flexible or part time applications will be considered if practical)
Location: London, Crouch Hill
Salary: £28,420 + 4% Employer Pension Contribution
Application deadline: 22nd March 2020
For the full job specification, please click here and to apply please download and fill in this application form. Word version available here. Please return the completed applications to email@example.com by the end of 22nd of March 2020.
The Rainforest Foundation UK successfully developed and launched ForestLink community based Real Time Monitoring (RTM) system. RFUK’s ground-breaking ForestLink technology enables forest communities anywhere in the world to collect and transmit accurately geo-referenced reports of forest illegalities to a central database in real-time, even from areas where there is no mobile phone or internet connectivity. RFUK is currently partnering with four local Civil Society Organisations: Civic Response in Ghana, FODER in Cameroon, GASHE in DRC, and CJJ in the Republic of Congo (RoC) to further deploy and use the ForestLink community-based real-time forest monitoring (RTM) system in order to reduce forest illegalities for the benefit of local communities. The ongoing phase (2018-2021) aims specifically to capitalise on the previous phase’s results and lessons learnt, and to sustain the system in each implementing country.
In order to sustain and institutionalise the ForestLink RTM system within national forest monitoring, control and law enforcement systems, it is crucial to:
1. Develop a sustainability strategy and action plan for each implementing country (Ghana, Cameroon, DRC, and RoC);
2. Secure sustainable incentive and funding mechanisms for local users to sustain and manage the system.
The objectives of this study are to:
• Analyse implementation costs and strategies, key results, lessons learnt, and opportunities for the ForestLink RTM to inform ForestLink RTM community of best practice and future developments in each country;
• Determine country-specific benefit sharing mechanisms amongst relevant in-country state agencies (to support forest control and actual law enforcement and justice) as well as with communities participating to forest monitoring;
• Identify opportunities for local users to sustainably maintain the system, and develop concrete and sustainable strategic action and funding plans.
Consultant(s) should submit their application by March 22nd 2020 at midnight UTC/GMT (please see the Terms of Reference for more details).
*RFUK is an equal opportunities employer and makes no discrimination on the grounds of gender, race, age, physical abilities, religious or sexual persuasion.