In This Section
Closing date: 8th December 2017
To apply please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8th December 2017:
• CV (s) and proven records of delivered training /capacity building tools development/research publications (papers, reports, training modules, etc.);
• A covering letter outlining how your skills and experience make you suitable for this position;
• An indicative budget (fees) that will be agreed upon with the consultant(s) when contracting.
For an informal discussion about the consultancy, please contact Colin Robertson (ColinR@rainforestuk.org)
INTERNSHIP: Research support for study on infrastructure developments in the Congo Basin
Job type: Unpaid internship
Closing date: 20th November 2017
The Rainforest Foundation UK is conducting research on the social and environmental impacts of major infrastructure projects in the Congo Basin in order to:
- Document and raise awareness about the scale of the problem, highlighting the observed or expected impacts of major projects, and the likely impacts on environment and people
- To analyse current legal and policy frameworks and point out how they are failing to tackle deforestation, defend rights and promote equitable development, either by not being respected or by being inadequate (or both).
This work will focus on large-scale projects in the transport and energy sectors, as these are likely to present the most important challenges in terms of respect to forest communities’ rights and livelihoods and environmental sustainability. We are looking for an intern to undertake and support desk research on a number of pre-identified ongoing and planned infrastructure projects, under the supervision of RFUK’s policy team.
For a full description of the role, please click here.
To apply, please submit a completed application form to email@example.com , with the position title and your name in the subject field. We do not accept CVs.